We are registered with the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) and are a dance school based in Staffordshire.
The International Dance Teachers’ Association is a leading dance qualifications awarding body and membership association for professional dance teachers.
They define standards across the widest variety of dance forms, examine performance for both professionals and non-professionals of all ages, develop the skills and professional practice of our members, and promote the love of dance across a dynamic, global community.
We have a number of IDTA trained dance teachers who teach a variety of different dance styles including: tap dance, ballet, lyrical contemporary, street dance, commercial jazz, and body conditioning and stretch and tone. Our teachers, work with local primary schools to support schools with their primary PE offer through teaching dance, but also teach kids how to dance in local communities through our dance school which is called The Dance Academy.
We are always on the look out for new schools to work with, so that we can support them to upskill their teachers to deliver engaging dance classes, or to provide schools with dance clubs for before, during or after school.
We are also always looking to hire school facilities in the evening or on weekends so that we can set up more dance schools and get more people dancing. So if you are a teacher, head teacher governor or even parent that would love to have ballet, tap, or another dance style at your school then get in touch.
The Dance Academy
The Dance Academy is our community based dance school. We currently have classes in Stafford where we provide a variety of classes for keen children to enjoy.
We currently offer classes for children aged 2 years old up to 16 year olds. The dance classes on offer include tap dance, ballet, lyrical contemporary, street dance, commercial jazz, body conditioning and stretch and tone.
The Dance Academy currently operates at St Johns Primary School, Parkside Primary School and Castle Church Hall all of which are in Stafford.
Our dance styles explained
Maybe you're new to dance and don't quite know the difference between different dance styles and more specifically the dance styles that we teach. The link below will take you through to another page explaining the various different dance classes that we teach, which include:
BODY CONDITIONING & STRETCH AND TONE
Stage Stars Holiday Camps
In addition to the dance classes we run through The Dance Academy, we also run performing arts school holiday camps. Stage Stars school holiday camps give children the opportunity to not only dance, but also sing and act. The musical theatre themed school holiday camps are fantastic for children who are new to performing arts or those who love to sing, dance or act.
Meet the team
- PGCE in Performing Arts (2.1 class ),
- BA (hons) Performing Arts (2.1 Class),
- Higher National Diploma in Musical Theatre (Merit),
- BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts (Distinction).
- Member of the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA),
- IDTA Intermediate Ballet Grade,
- IDTA Pre-Associate Teacher Award,
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Dance,
- Foundation Degree in Dance and Theatre Arts,
- British Gymnastics Primary Gymnastics Teacher Award,
- Working towards IDTA Associate Teacher Award.
- BPA Hons Northern School of Contemporary Dance (1st Class)
- Access to higher Education in Contemporary Dance (Distinction),
- BTEC National Diploma in Dance (Distinction).
- BA Professional Practice in the Arts (Performing Arts),
- IDTA Advanced 1 and Intermediate Ballet (Distinction)
- RAD Advanced Foundation and Intermediate Ballet (Distinction),
- ISTD Intermediate Tap and Modern
- Trinity College London Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance at The Hammond Chester,
- Royal Ballet School Associate aged 7-15
- Micheal King Pilates Qualification
- Early years Performing Arts Training